This Easy Pork Fried Rice Recipe is a favorite around my house and one I am asked about often by family members. It’s a flavorful rice with bits of fried ham, scallions and lots of garlic and soy sauce.
Pin For Later
This one pan rice mixture can easily make a meal. Serve with a side salad or even alone for a quick lunch. The Eastern flavors are delicious and the smell of them seem to waft through the air when cooking. It is a family favorite to be sure and one you will likely make more then once.
What You’ll Need To Make Pork Fried Rice
1 full Ham steak or 2 cups cubed leftover ham
1 entire bundle of green onion
4 garlic cloves
½ cup low sodium soy sauce
4 cups cooked jasmine or long grain white rice (cook the day ahead and let sit in fridge overnight)
Cracked black pepper
3 tbsp Olive oil
In a large cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add the ham and saute until golden. Lower the heat to add the garlic and half he green onion. Allow it to cook for a few seconds. Then mix in the cooked rice and pour over the soy sauce to let all the flavors combine.
Make a well un the center of the pan to clear a spot to add the eggs. Crack them over the skillet and then spread them around the pan as they cook. Garnish with the remaining green onions. Serve immediately.
If you try this recipe and love it, I would love it if you would come back and give it five stars!
- 1 full Ham steak or 2 cups cubed leftover ham
- 2 eggs
- 1 entire bundle of green onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked jasmine or long grain white rice (cook the day ahead and let sit in fridge overnight)
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- In a large cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the ham and saute until golden.
- Once the ham is golden, add the garlic.
- Stir in the cooked rice and pour the soy sauce directly over.
- Make a well in the center of the rice to add the eggs. Crack them over the skillet and then spread them around the pan as they cook.
- Make sure to mix the entire contents of the pan until all is combined.
- Garnish with the rest of the green onions,
- Taste test, if desired you can add a bit more soy sauce.
*when making fried rice it is best to make the rice a day ahead and place in the fridge when ready to use
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 1287mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 18g