Sausage and Pepper Pasta is a delicious lightly seasoned dish flavored with garlic then topped with a pinch of parmesan.
As the seasons change so do our diets. We tend to eat hardier meals during the colder months bringing in those soups and cozy fall flavors. Then just when you think you can’t take one more bowl of soup, it’s spring again and the gardens are starting to give.
During the warmer months I try to use my stove as little as possible. In our house, the rooms are clearly defined. Which of course means that my little gas stove creates quite a sauna in my kitchen on really hot days.
I appreicate meals that are not only simple but delicious for that very reason. I think you will find this a perfect quick meal on those hot summer days or anytime really.
What You’ll Need To Make Sausage and Pepper Pasta:
2 extra large bell peppers (red, organge or yellow preferably)
1 lbs package linguine noodles
2 tbs garlic minced
3/4’s of a lb or 3 cups (smoked or polish)
2 tbs butter
Shredded or grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
In a large pot bring water to a boil and cook noodles according to package directions, set aside.
Slice sausages and bell peppers into bite sized pieces. Mince garlic cloves.
Begin browning sausage for about one minute before adding the peppers.
When sausages are browned and peppers are cooked, add the butter.
Allow it to melt and then add the garlic. Let the garlic cook for about 30 seconds making sure not to let it burn.
Add the cooked noodels to the pan. Toss until the veggies, and sausages are throughly combined. Garnish with the parmesan if desired.
If you try this recipe and love it, I would love it if would come back and give it 5 stars!
- 3/4 lb or 3 cups of sausage (smoked or polish)
- 2 extra large bell peppers (red, yellow, orange preferably)
- 1 lbs spaghetti or linguine style pasta
- 2 tbs garlic diced
- 2 tbs butter
- Shredded or grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large pot bring water to a boil and cook noodles according to package directions, set aside.
- Slice sausages and peppers into bite sized pieces.
- In a large skillet begin browning the sausage for about a minute or so before adding the peppers.
- Once browned add the butter to the skillet along with the garlic.
- Cook for about 30 seconds being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Toss the noodles directly into the pan.
- Garnish with parmesan (optional)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 741mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g