This Strawberry Basil Lemonade is as refreshing as it sounds. The flavors blend together creating a burst of freshness that tastes like summertime in a glass.
Pin For Later
Lemonade is a classic summer drink. So classic that when I have it, I think of my childhood. Days where when you were hot from long hours of playing, nothing was more delicious then a chilled glass of it. Although in those days, you’d find the neighborhood kids lined up at a hose to quench their thirst.
My father always had those frozen concentrated lemonades for us to make up. So when the hose wouldn’t due, we would ride our bikes all the way home. I remember standing at the sink, anxiously awaiting for it to melt. These days involve filtered water with a glass for drinking versus a hose and freshly made lemonade as opposed to frozen. But nonetheless, a chilled glass of lemonade on a hot summer day is hard to beat.
What You Will Need To Make Strawberry Basil Lemonade
1 cup of fresh strawberries
1 bundle of fresh basil
5 lemons (about 1 cup of lemon juice)
6 cups of filtered watered
1 cup of organic sugar
(ice to serve) optional
Begin by making a simple syrup by heating up 1 cup of water over medium heat. Pour in the sugar and stir until combined. Remove the mixture from the heat.
Next slice the lemons in half. Squeeze the juice out either by using a manual juicer or over a mesh strainer over a bowl to catch the seeds.
Pour the lemon juice into the pitcher along with the simple syrup. Fill the pitcher with the remaining 5 cups of water and mix well.
Slice the strawberries into thin slices and add them.
Lastly, rough chop or tear the basil by hand to add it. Let chill for 2 hours before serving.
If you try this recipe and love it, I would love it if you would come back and give it 5 stars!
- 1 cup of organic sugar
- 6 cups filtered water
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 5 large lemons (1 cup of lemon juice)
- 1 bundle of fresh basil
- Ice to serve (optional)
- Begin by making a simple syrup taking one cup of water and heating it over medium heat.
- Pour in the sugar and stir until combined. Remove from heat.
- Next slice the lemons in half. Squeeze the juice out either by using a manual juicer or over a mesh strainer over a bowl to catch the seeds.
- Pour the lemon juice into the pitcher along with the simple syrup and remaining 5 cups of waer. Mix well.
- Slice the strawberries into thin slices and add them.
- Lastly, rough chop or tear the basil by hand to add it.
- Let chill for 2 hours before serving
You May Need:
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 1g