This Classsic Granola Recipe is a simple granola that is sweetened with maple syrup and a perfect one to keep on hand.
It is almost criminal how much they can charge for a small box of granola in the stores. I say we make our own! And I do. Although if you have been following along for any length of time here this should not come as a surprise.
Sometimes I make this in big batches and sometimes not. Here is one variation that I love and although its not a big batch style recipe you can easily double this up and make it one. Granola is also a great thing to make with kids on a rainy day.
Get ready for your house to smell amazing!
What You’ll Need To Make This Classic Granola:
⅓ cup real maple syrup
4 tbs butter (melted)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup dried cranberries (optional)
Set your oven to 300 degrees. In a large pot melt the butter. Add the oats and give it a stir to evenly coat them with the butter.
Pour in the maple syrup and add everything but the cranberries. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a nonstick baking sheet and spread the mixture on it.
Bake for 20 minutes. Take the baking sheet out and stir the oats around then pop them back into the oven for another 20 minutes.
Add the cranberries to the mixture and continue baking for 5 minutes. If your not adding the cranberries you can skip the last step entirely.
Your granola is ready when it is a golden brown color.
Store in an air tight container in your pantry. I find that mason jars work perfectly.
Serve alone, in milk, over ice cream or with yogurt.
- ⅓ cup real maple syrup
- 4 tbs butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Set your oven to 300 degrees.
- In a bowl combine everything but the cranberries.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture on it.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Give it a stir to mix around the oats and pop it back in for another 20 minutes.
- Add the cranberries to the mixture and continue baking for 5 minutes.
- If your not adding the cranberries you can skip the last step entirely and just continue baking for the 60 minutes.
- Serve alone, in milk, over ice cream or with yogurt. It's all good.