This Classic Cheese Cake Recipe is fool proof and versatile but also delicious as is.
Pin For Later
It is fall on the farm and I seem to have decided that we need extra baked goods around here. So I have busted out the springform pan for a friend’s birthday this week. A birthday afterall is a good excuse to make yet another sweet treat.
This is a recipe I have been using for years and at times I am a bit lazy about the whole water bath thing. I find that even when I do not feel like putting fourth the extra effort by skipping this step, that the cheesecake tastes just fine. Besides, the crack gives a rustic vibe and this is after all, is a farmhouse.
What You’ll Need to Make this Classic Cheesecake Recipe:
For the filling:
3 packages of regular cream cheese (904g)
1 cup of sour cream (240g)
3 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract (or lemon extract for a zestier cake)
1 cup of sugar (200g)
For the graham cracker crust:
⅓ cup of melted butter (76g)
¼ cup sugar (50g)
1 ¾ cup of crushed graham crackers (165g)
Flavor Suggestion: (you can also use chocolate graham crackers here too for an oreo like cake)
Tools You May Need:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and mix it together with the graham cracker crumbs and sugar until combined. The consistency should look like wet sand.
Smashed it down inside the springform pan and set aside.
For the filling, in a large bowl or mixer combine all but the eggs. Mix well until creamy.
Add one egg at a time to the batter.
Once combined pour the batter into the springform pan and bake for 1 hour.
Take from oven and let cool completely. Once completely cooled set inside refrigerator for 3 hours. Before serving take a knife to loosen the sides and unhinge the lever to the springform pan. Slice and enjoy.
*Make sure the eggs and cream cheese are at room temperature before beginning. This will esure the batter is whipped up nice and smooth.
*Spraying the inside of the spring form pan with a cooking spray helps to prevent the cheesecake from sticking when removing.
Pro Baking Tip** To prevent the cake from splitting on the top and or creating a more silky cake you can create a water bath. To do this you will need a larger pan that the spring form pan can fit into and some foil. Ideally the sides will be deeper to prevent the water from spilling over.
A roasting pan works perfect for this. Double wrap the outside of the spring form pan with the foil. This will help prevent the water from leaking into the cheesecake. Place the foil wrapped springform pan inside the center of the roasting pan. Take a tea kettle and pour hot water about 1 – 2 inches deep into the roasting pan. Bake the cake as per the directions.
- 3 packages of regular cream cheese
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (or lemon extract for a zestier cake)
- 1 cup of sugar
- For the graham cracker crust:
- ⅓ cup of melted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ¾ cup of crushed graham crackers (you can also use chocolate graham crackers here too for an oreo like cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C
- Melt butter and mix it together with the graham cracker crumbs and sugar until combined. Smashed it down inside the springform pan and set aside.
- For the filling, in a large bowl combine all but the eggs.
- Mix well until creamy. Add one egg at a time to the batter.
- Once combined, pour the batter into the springform pan. :
- Optional: To prevent the cake from splitting you can opt to bake inside a roasting pan filled about half way up with water. If you do so, cover the outside of your springform pan with foil to prevent water from entering the pan as it bakes.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Take from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Once cooled, set inside the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Before serving, take a knife to loosen the sides and unhinge the lever to the springform pan.
- Slice and enjoy.
You will need a 9" spring form pan
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 475Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 6g