This Shrimp and Pinto Beans Recipe is absolutely a favorite. Filled with flavor, and using simple ingredients.
The best dishes come together by chance and I find they are usually pretty simple to make. As matter of fact, some of the best food is simple food. This is one of those types.
It’s one I made after a long day and posted on a story then was messaged for the recipe. I was surprised at the response. Of course I didn’t bother to write it down anything I did to make this dish at the time naturally.
So after going back and testing it out, I have the recipe ready to share with you. It has become a go to meal for me, whether or not I am in a pinch for time.
**Note to self, write them down EVERY TIME. I am getting better at this. To those who asked, I hope it was worth the wait.
What You’ll Need To Make This Shrimp & Pinto Beans Recipe:
2 cups pinto beans
2 cups raw shrimp
1 cup crushed tomatos
3 tbsp minced garlic
2 bundles of green onions about ½ cup
3 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper
In a large pan, heat the olive oil, butter and garlic. Add the shrimp along with some salt and pepper. As the shrimp cooks begin adding the beans and crushed tomatoes allowing it to simmer until the shrimp is just about pink. Add the green onions. Taste the liquid and make sure to add any additional salt and pepper you’d like. Turn the heat off. Serve with tortillas and sliced avocado. Its also perfect with rice.
Try some of our other farmhouse favorites!
If you make this recipe and love it, I would love it if you could come back and give it 5 stars!
- What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups pinto beans
- 2 cups raw shrimp
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 bundles of green onions about ½ cup
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado (optional)
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil, butter and garlic.
- Add the shrimp along with some salt and pepper.
- As the shrimp cooks begin adding the beans and crushed tomatoes allowing it to simmer
- When the shrimp appears to be about pink and done, Add the green onions.
- Taste the liquid and make sure to add any additional salt and pepper you'd like.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with tortillas and sliced avocado on top. It's also amazing with rice.