These Shrimp Cakes are a crispy, flavorful snack, appetizer or lunch that you can have on your table in minutes.
Pin For Later
On Fridays I try to make our lunches just a little bit more fun. A sort of way to mark the end of the week and a job well done. When you work from home and homeschool the days tend to repeat themselves. Although most of the time this is certainly not a bad thing.
However there is something about Friday lunch in our home that always gives just a hint of significance for the day. I find myself looking forward to the preparation of this meal each week.
I have the title of this recipe soon to be filed under the appetizer portion of my pending book but that does not mean this one cant very well be the main dish. In fact, that is how this recipe came to be. A main course to an extraordinary Friday lunch.
What You’ll Need To Make Shrimp Cakes:
1 ¼ cups chopped jumbo shrimps
½ cup flour
1 tsp cracked black pepper
⅓ diced green onions
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
Olive Oil for sauteing
Lemon Mayo (for dipping)
½ cup of good mayonaise
cracked black pepper
the juice of two lemon wedges
1 tsbp green onions
**Mix together and serve alongside the shrimp cakes
Begin by dicing green onions.
Mincing the garlic and cutting the shrimp into small bits (as pictured).
In a bowl combine everything but the olive oil.
Begin heating a cast iron skillet over medium heat making sure to coat the bottom of the pan generously with olive oil.
Make sure the pan and oil is hot before frying.
Using a spoon or 1/4 measuring cup to scoop out a bit of the mix and place it onto the hot oil while shaping into a patty.
Cook for about 3 minutes or until golden the edges appear golden brown.
Brown both sides ensuring the shrimp is cooked all the way (shrimp turns from gray to pink/white when done). Remove from skillet, serve with lemon wedges & (lemon mayo).
If you try this recipe and love it, I would love it if you would come back and give it 5 stars!
- 1 ¼ cups chopped jumbo shrimps
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 egg
- ⅓ diced green onions
- Olive Oil for sauteing
- Lemon Mayo (for dipping)
- ½ cup of good mayonaise
- cracked black pepper
- the juice of two lemon wedges
- 1 tsbp green onions
- **Mix together and serve alongside the shrimp cakes
- In a large bowl combine everything but the olive oil.
- Begin heating a cast iron skillet over medium heat making sure to coat the bottom of the pan generously with olive oil.
- Once the oil is heated add a scoop about a ⅓ cup in size to the pan shaping into circles as you lay them in the oil.
- Allow the patty to brown along the edges before turning over.
- Brown both sides ensuring the shrimp is cooked all the way (shrimp turns from gray to pink/white when done).
- Remove from skillet, serve with lemon wedges & (lemon mayo).
You May Need a Cast Iron Skillet
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 1102mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 14g