Roasted Asparagus is a simple but delicous way to make asparagus and in fact I would say, it really is the best way to make it. It has both components I look for in the food I cook, flavor and presentation.
This hardly seems necessary to write a recipe and make a whole blog post for it, but it is the season for asparagus. And if you have ever had tasteless overcooked asparagus then you know why this post is necessary.
What You’ll Need To Make Roasted Asparagus
20 asparagus spears
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp freshly grated parmesean
salt and pepper
Heat your oven to 425 degrees. Take the asparagus and trim off about an inch or half inch of their woody stems. Rinse and pat dry.
Lay them out on a baking sheet. Generously drizzle over the olive oil. Take your hands and mix it a bit to make sure that the olive oil has fully coated all the stems. Salt and pepper evenly.
Pop them into the oven for approximately 10 minutes. Take them out, transfer them to a platter and garnish genoursly with grated parm.
Voila, perfect asparagus.
- 20 asparagus stems
- 2 tsbp olive oil
- 2 to 3 tbsp grated parm
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oven 425
- Rinse the spears, pat them dry
- Trim about a half inch to 1 inch off the woody stems
- Lay them out on cookkie sheet
- Genrously drizzle the olive oil and take your hands to mix it around making sure to coat all the stems evenly
- Salt and pepper
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes
- Transfer to an awaiting platter and generously garnish with the parm
You May Need:
A baking sheet