This lovely Italian Style Pasta Salad is lightly seasoned and dressed with artichoke, olives and a bit of herbs to bring out all the flavors of summer. It is a beautiful dish for your summer table.
Even during the summer my daughter wants Tortellini almost every, single, week. And although it is rather tasty, having it the same way every time can get pretty boring.
Luckily, I like to test things out and I am never afraid to take chances. But really who could go wrong with artichokes and olives?
This type of pasta is quite versatile. Cold or hot it holds up well. With the summer heat, having it cold just makes sense.
Besides, if I get too crazy the chickens are there to help me get rid of any disasters.
What You’ll Need To Make Italian Style Pasta Salad:
1 Package Tortellini pasta
Juice of ½ a large lemon
2 tbsp of dried italian seasoning
1 bundle of green onions
⅓ cup garlic infused olive oil (1 tbsp of minced garlic and regular olive oil may be used instead)
1 can of artichokes
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 cup diced black olives
1 tsp cracked black pepper
Cook Tortellini according to package directions. Once cooked toss into a large bowl. Allow the pasta to cool for a few minutes before adding the Parmesan.
Cut your artichokes into quarters. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. I like to garnish with a little extra Parmesan.
I left out the salt in this because the lemon, olives and Parmesan seem to give it a saltiness but its up to you to omit or not. Otherwise enjoy!
- 1 Package Tortellini pasta
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tbsp of dried italian seasoning
- ⅓ cup garlic infused olive oil (can sub out 1 tbsp of minced garlic and olive oil)
- 1 can artichokes
- ½ freshly grated parmesan
- 1 cup diced black olives
- 1 bundle of green onions
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Once cooked toss into a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- During this time, cut your artichokes into quarters.
- Add remaining ingredients to tortellini including lemon juice
- Toss to combine.
- . Garnish with a little extra parmesan.
- Serve chilled.